Jump to Main Content
- Montiel, Raquel; Bravo, Daniel; de Alba, María; Gaya, Pilar; Medina, Margarita
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2012 v.16 pp. 26-32
- Listeria monocytogenes; antimicrobial properties; biogenic amines; cold storage; color; hardness; high pressure treatment; lactoperoxidase; pathogens; product safety; salmon; shear strength; shelf life; smoked salmon; synergism; texture
- ... The effect of high hydrostatic pressure (HHP) processing at 250 and 450MPa for 10min combined with the lactoperoxidase system (LPS) on the inactivation of Listeria monocytogenes H66a and the characteristics of cold-smoked salmon during 35d at 5°C were investigated. A synergistic antimicrobial effect of 450MPa and LPS against L. monocytogenes was registered, preventing the pathogen recovery. Biogen ...
- Vercammen, Anne; Vanoirbeek, Kristof G.A.; Lemmens, Lien; Lurquin, Ine; Hendrickx, Marc E.G.; Michiels, Chris W.
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2012 v.16 pp. 259-266
- Escherichia coli; Yarrowia lipolytica; apples; cold storage; color; food production; fruit syrups; glucose; hardness; high pressure treatment; microbiological quality; pasteurization; plate count; shelf life; sodium metabisulfite; spoilage; storage time; syrups; texture; yeasts
- ... The inactivation of Candida lipolytica LMM02.68 and Escherichia coli LMM1010 on 1-cm apple cubes in acidified glucose solution (12.5 or 25.0% d-glucose) by high pressure treatment at 200–650MPa for 10min at 25 or 40°C was investigated. At 25°C and in all solutions, a 6-log reduction of C. lipolytica and E. coli was achieved at 400 and 600MPa, respectively. Subsequently the shelf-life of HP-treated ...