Jump to Main Content
- Kaltsas, Dimitris; Dede, Konstantinia; Giannaka, Jamie; Nasopoulou, Themis; Kechagioglou, Stavros; Grigoriadou, Elpida; Raptis, Dimitrios; Damos, Petros; Vasiliadis, Ioakim; Christopoulos, Vasilios; Loukaki, Elena; Franses, Rolanda; Vlachaki, Despoina; Avtzis, Dimitrios N.
- Insect conservation and diversity 2018 v.11 no.5 pp. 464-478
- altitude; butterflies; climate change; fauna; functional diversity; landscapes; life history; models; mountains; national parks; species richness; Greece
- ... We investigated the patterns of taxonomic and functional diversity of butterflies within the limits of the NATURA 2000 sites at two national parks, on the mountains Olympus and Rhodopes, in Greece. The study was conducted along an elevation gradient in 24 sampling sites on each mountain using the line transect technique. Species richness and abundance followed a monotonic decline on Olympus which ...
- Bonelli, Simona; Casacci, Luca P.; Barbero, Francesca; Cerrato, Cristiana; Dapporto, Leonardo; Sbordoni, Valerio; Scalercio, Stefano; Zilli, Alberto; Battistoni, Alessia; Teofili, Corrado; Rondinini, Carlo; Balletto, Emilio
- Insect conservation and diversity 2018 v.11 no.5 pp. 506-521
- abandoned land; altitude; butterflies; climate change; experts; extinction; fauna; guidelines; indigenous species; intensive farming; islands; natural regeneration; risk; species richness; threatened species; Italy; Turkey (country)
- ... The Italian biodiversity is among the richest in Europe. In particular, the Italian butterfly fauna includes almost 300 native species, and within the Euro‐Mediterranean area is second in species richness only to Turkey. Italy, however, has suffered from the lack of suitable instruments to evaluate the extinction risk of individual butterfly species on the basis of internationally recognised stand ...