Jump to Main Content
- Kostanjsek, Fran; Sebek, Pavel; Baranova, Beata; Seric Jelaska, Lucija; Riedl, Vladan; Cizek, Lukas
- Insect conservation and diversity 2018 v.11 no.6 pp. 545-553
- Coleoptera; Fagus; Picea; bark beetles; canopy; coarse woody debris; forest types; guidelines; habitat preferences; habitats; humidity; solar radiation; sustainable forestry; trees; Croatia; Czech Republic; Slovakia
- ... The wrinkled bark beetle Rhysodes sulcatus is an endangered saproxylic beetle listed in the European Habitats Directive and in the Bern Convention (Annex II). It is considered a relict of primeval forests and belongs among the most threatened saproxylic beetles in Europe. The purpose of this study was to identify the key habitat requirements of the species. The study was carried out at several loc ...
- Procházka, Jiří; Cizek, Lukas; Schlaghamerský, Jiří
- Insect conservation and diversity 2018 v.11 no.6 pp. 534-544
- Coleoptera; arthropods; canopy; flight; forest stands; forest types; mountains; phloem; spatial distribution; temperate forests; traps; understory
- ... Although most studies exploring the vertical distribution of arthropods in forests have been limited to discrete comparisons between understorey and canopy, few have sampled across multiple heights. We studied vertical distribution of scolytine beetle flight activity in temperate lowland broadleaf and montane beech‐fir forests using flight interception traps arranged in vertical transects with tra ...