Jump to Main Content
- Borges, Paulo A. V., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Insect conservation and diversity 2017 v.10 no.3 pp. 211-223
- ecosystems; forests; habitats; host plants; insect communities; insects; introduced plants; land use change; models; pastures; pollinators; species diversity; Azores
- ... Land‐use change has profoundly impacted pollinator communities throughout the world. However, the processes through which it acts on pollinator diversity and composition are still poorly understood, especially in highly vulnerable island ecosystems. In this study, we investigated the distribution, abundance, richness and composition of flower‐visiting insects to assess their response to land‐use c ...
- BORGES, PAULO A. V., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Insect conservation and diversity 2012 v.5 no.5 pp. 358-366
- arthropod communities; arthropods; introduced species; models; species diversity; Azores
- ... 1. The aim of this paper was to investigate the arthropod colonisation of a recently erupted volcano in the framework of a general model of colonisation kinetics. 2. We analysed the diversity of arthropod communities at three locations on Faial Island (Azores) using a well‐defined disturbance gradient: (i) a site that is new land added by the eruption of Capelinhos Volcano of 1957; (ii) a site mod ...