Jump to Main Content
- Trizzino, Marco, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Insect conservation and diversity 2019 v.12 no.1 pp. 80-87
- Brassicogethes; Descurainia; fauna; geographical distribution; host plants; insect taxonomy; lakes; larvae; life history; phylogeny; piedmont; wildlife management; Alps region; France; Italy
- ... Brassicogethes salvan (Audisio et al. Insect Systematics and Evolution, 34, 121) is certainly among the most important and unexpected recent discoveries in the European beetle fauna. The species was initially described from a couple of unidentified specimens collected in 1912 on the Maritime Alps (NW Italy). Despite a long series of attempts to recollect the species at the type locality (Rovina La ...
- Trizzino, Marco, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Insect conservation and diversity 2014 v.7 no.3 pp. 223-231
- Coleoptera; altitude; forest types; habitats; sibling species
- ... Knowledge on ecological requirements of species is a focal point for their conservation, especially if they live in threatened habitat types such as old‐growth forests. We predict that habitat requirements shape the spatial niche partition of two sibling species of saproxylic beetles Gnorimus nobilis and Gnorimus variabilis. To test our hypothesis, we conducted a comparative study on the presence ...