Jump to Main Content
- Wang, S.; Beerntsen, B. T.
- Insect molecular biology 2015 v.24 no.3 pp. 293-310
- immune response, etc ; Aedes aegypti; Drosophila; Escherichia coli; Gram-negative bacteria; Gram-positive bacteria; Micrococcus luteus; RNA interference; animals; antimicrobial peptides; databases; disease vectors; genes; immune system; insects; pathogens; peptidoglycans; proteins; survival rate; transcription (genetics); Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Peptidoglycan recognition proteins (PGRPs) play essential roles in the immune systems of insects and higher animals against certain pathogens, including bacteria. In insects, most studies on the functions of PGRPs have been performed in Drosophila, with only limited studies in mosquitoes, which are important disease vectors. In the present study, we analysed the PGRP sequences of the yellow fever ...
- Chen, Y.; Redinbaugh, M. G.; Michel, A. P.
- Insect molecular biology 2015 v.24 no.3 pp. 391-401
- immune response, etc ; Graminella nigrifrons; Maize fine streak virus; RNA interference; Zea mays; corn; double-stranded RNA; gene expression; genes; insect control; insect vectors; insects; messenger RNA; molting; mortality; pathogens; peptidoglycans; proteins; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Graminella nigrifrons is the only known vector for Maize fine streak virus (MFSV). In this study, we used real‐time quantitative PCR to compare the expression profiles of transcripts that putatively function in the insect immune response: four peptidoglycan recognition proteins (PGRP‐SB1, ‐SD, ‐LC and LB), Toll, spaetzle, defensin, Dicer‐2 (Dcr‐2), Argonaut‐2 (Ago‐2) and Arsenic resistance protein ...