Jump to Main Content
- Wu, J.‐J.; Chen, Z.‐C.; Wang, Y.‐W.; Fu, K.‐Y.; Guo, W.‐C.; Li, G.‐Q.
- Insect molecular biology 2019 v.28 no.1 pp. 52-64
- Leptinotarsa decemlineata; RNA interference; adults; chitin; chitin deacetylase; chitosan; ecdysis; ecdysterone; esterases; foregut; glucose; glycogen; insects; instars; integument; juvenile hormones; larvae; larval development; leaves; pupae; rectum; signal transduction; transcription (genetics); trehalose; wings
- ... Insect chitin deacetylases (CDAs) are carbohydrate esterases that catalyze N‐deacetylation of chitin to generate chitosan, a process essential for chitin organization and compactness during the formation of extracellular chitinous structure. Here we identified two CDA2 splice variants (LdCDA2a and LdCDA2b) in Leptinotarsa decemlineata. Both splices were abundantly expressed in larval foregut, rect ...
- Xie, Y.‐F.; Shang, F.; Ding, B.‐Y.; Wu, Y.‐B.; Niu, J.‐Z.; Wei, D.; Dou, W.; Christiaens, O.; Smagghe, G.; Wang, J.‐J.
- Insect molecular biology 2019 v.28 no.1 pp. 136-144
- Bactrocera dorsalis; H-transporting ATP synthase; Malpighian tubules; RNA interference; adults; copulation; fat body; females; gene targeting; genes; germ cells; insects; larvae; messenger RNA; ovarian development; oviposition; phylogeny; proteins; pupae; small interfering RNA; transcriptome; transposons
- ... One of the main functions of the piwi‐interacting RNA pathway is the post‐transcriptional silencing of transposable elements in the germline of many species. In insects, proteins belonging to the Tudor superfamily proteins belonging to the Tudor superfamily play an important role in to play an important role in this mechanism. In this study, we identified the tudor gene in the oriental fruit fly, ...