Jump to Main Content
- Hussain, Abid; Tian, Ming-Yi; He, Yu-Rong; Ahmed, Sohail
- Insect science 2009 v.16 no.6 pp. 511-517
- Beauveria bassiana; Bombycidae; Isaria fumosorosea; Metarhizium anisopliae; adults; biological control; biological control agents; digestibility; entomopathogenic fungi; growth retardation; instars; larvae; larval development; mortality; pupae; spores
- ... Feeding experiments using three strains of entomopathogenic fungi, Beauveria bassiana, Metarhizium anisopliae and Isaria fumosorosea were conducted with newly moulted 3rd-5th instar Ocinara varians Walker larvae in the laboratory. The mortality of larvae immersed individually in spore suspension (1 x 10⁷ spores/mL) of all the strains was greater-than-or-equal 80% except 5th instar larvae treated w ...
- Kulkarni, Nitin; Paunikar, Sanjay; Joshi, Kailash Chandra; Rogers, John
- Insect science 2009 v.16 no.6 pp. 519-525
- Acacia leucophloea; Scarabaeidae; Tectona grandis; Ziziphus jujuba; adults; death; forest nurseries; forests; hosts; immatures; insect larvae; integrated pest management; managers; monsoon season; pests; relative humidity; roots; seedlings; India
- ... Field observations were carried out between 2002 and 2005 on bio-ecology of white grubs infesting teak (Tectona grandis Linn. f.) seedlings at Ramdongari Forest Nursery, Forest Development Corporation of Maharashtra, Nagpur in central India. The study collected the data required for an integrated pest management strategy against the white grubs. The species damaging teak seedlings were Holotrichia ...