Jump to Main Content
- Czyż, Ewa A.; Rejman, Jerzy; Dexter, Anthony R.; Jadczyszyn, Jan; Rafalska-Przysucha, Anna; Stanek-Tarkowska, Jadwiga
- International agrophysics 2017 v.31 no.3 pp. 447-452
- algorithms; carbon; carbon sequestration; clay; loess; loess soils; soil organic matter; soil sampling; strip tillage; watersheds; Poland
- ... Complexes formed between clay and soil organic matter are important for carbon sequestration and for soil physical quality. Here, we use samples of loessial soil from South-East Poland to explore the phenomenon of complexing in loess. Soil samples were collected from a single catchment 8 years after the introduction of strip tillage and their compositions were characterized by traditional methods. ...
- Paszko, Tadeusz; Muszyński, Paweł
- International agrophysics 2017 v.31 no.3 pp. 401-410
- A horizons; Luvisols; alachlor; atrazine; bentazon; biodegradation; half life; models; organic matter; pesticide degradation; principal component analysis; soil properties; topsoil; water holding capacity; Poland
- ... The degradation rates of three herbicides (alachlor, atrazine, and bentazone) were examined according to OECD Guideline 307 in three profiles of grey-brown podzolic soil (Luvisol) in a laboratory experiment. The aim of the experiment was to determine herbicide degradation parameters and their relationships with soil properties. Degradation processes were effectively described by a first-order mode ...