Jump to Main Content
- Czyż, Ewa A.; Rejman, Jerzy; Dexter, Anthony R.; Jadczyszyn, Jan; Rafalska-Przysucha, Anna; Stanek-Tarkowska, Jadwiga
- International agrophysics 2017 v.31 no.3 pp. 447-452
- algorithms; carbon; carbon sequestration; clay; loess; loess soils; soil organic matter; soil sampling; strip tillage; watersheds; Poland
- ... Complexes formed between clay and soil organic matter are important for carbon sequestration and for soil physical quality. Here, we use samples of loessial soil from South-East Poland to explore the phenomenon of complexing in loess. Soil samples were collected from a single catchment 8 years after the introduction of strip tillage and their compositions were characterized by traditional methods. ...
- Haohao, Wu; Xingkai, Xu; Cuntao, Duan; TuanSheng, Li; Weiguo, Cheng
- International agrophysics 2017 v.31 no.3 pp. 339-349
- Betula; Pinus koraiensis; ammonium chloride; carbon; carbon dioxide; forest soils; forest stands; forests; frost; frozen soils; glucose; microbial biomass; nitrate nitrogen; nitrogen; nitrous oxide; potassium nitrate; soil water; thawing
- ... Packed soil-core incubation experiments were done to study the effects of carbon (glucose, 6.4 g C m⁻²) and nitrogen (NH₄Cl and KNO₃, 4.5 g N m⁻²) addition on nitrous oxide (N₂O) and carbon dioxide (CO₂) fluxes during thawing of frozen soils under two forest stands (broadleaf and Korean pine mixed forest and white birch forest) with two moisture levels (55 and 80% water-filled pore space). With in ...