Jump to Main Content
- Crisp, Jason A.; Partridge, Gavin J.; D’Souza, Frances M. L.; Tweedley, James R.; Moheimani, Navid R.
- International aquatic research 2017 v.9 no.1 pp. 1-10
- Metapenaeus; Mysis; nauplii; salinity; shrimp; temperature
- ... The effects of temperature and salinity on the survival and development of larval Metapenaeus dalli were investigated in two experiments. First, the effects of four temperatures of 22.6, 25.8, 29.4 and 32.6 °C on survival and development time were examined from the Nauplius VI to the Mysis I sub-stage. Survival was significantly lower at 32.6 °C than at 22.6 and 25.8 °C. Development times differed ...
- Ríos-Villamizar, Eduardo Antonio; Piedade, Maria T. F.; Junk, Wolfgang J.; Waichman, Andréa Viviana
- International aquatic research 2017 v.9 no.1 pp. 81-88
- aquatic ecosystems; basins; correlation; deforestation; electrical conductivity; forests; land cover; models; oxygen; pH; rivers; surface water; temperature; total suspended solids; water quality; watershed management; watersheds; Amazonia; Brazil
- ... In the last years, deforestation constitutes a threat for the aquatic ecosystems. This paper aims to characterize the water quality of the Purus river in the Brazilian Amazon, and investigate the relations between water quality and deforestation of the Purus river basin over a 9-year period, as well as to quantify the Purus river basin’s land cover changes (%) in a 5-year period. Sampling data fro ...