Jump to Main Content
- Anam, Giridhar Babu; Choi, Jeongdong; Ahn, Youngho
- International biodeterioration & biodegradation 2019 v.138 pp. 41-49
- Dehalobacter; Dehalococcoides mccartyi; Desulfovibrio; Desulfuromonas; Geobacter; Methanobacterium; Methanosaeta; aquifers; bacterial communities; bioaugmentation; dechlorination; dominant species; ethylene; lactic acid; ribosomal DNA; sequence analysis
- ... This study is aimed at investigating the performance of the continuous-flow, two-stage anaerobic column for the reductive dechlorination of perchloroethene (PCE) in a trichloroethene (TCE)-contaminated aquifer without bioaugmentation. Results indicated that complete dechlorination of PCE to cis-dichloroethene (DCE) was observed within the first 12 days after the addition of lactate and PCE (620:1 ...
- Granatto, C.F.; Macedo, T.Z.; Gerosa, L.E.; Sakamoto, I.K.; Silva, E.L.; Varesche, M.B.A.
- International biodeterioration & biodegradation 2019 v.138 pp. 23-32
- Clostridium; Geobacter; Methanosaeta; Synergistes; Syntrophus; bacteria; bioremediation; chemical oxygen demand; chromium; copper; indolizines; iron; lead; limonene; manganese; nickel; organic acids and salts; phenol; sewage; sludge; species diversity; xenobiotics; zinc
- ... Sanitary sewage composed of 6.2 ± 3.2 mgLAS L−1, low diversity of organic acids (21.4 ± 18.9 and 2.1 ± 3.9 mg L−1, for acetic and propionic, respectively), metals (Fe, Zn, Pb, Mn, Ni, Cr, Cu) and xenobiotic compounds (limonene, terpinene, phenol, indolizine) were used in the pilot-scale EGSB reactor feed (69 L). For influent load of 1.4 ± 0.7 mgLAS gVS−1d−1 and 50 ± 15 mgCOD gVS−1 d−1, removal eff ...