Jump to Main Content
- Huang, Lu; Xu, Yanbin; Xu, Jiaxin; Ling, Jiayin; Zheng, Li; Zhou, Xiao; Xie, Guangyan
- International biodeterioration & biodegradation 2019 v.138 pp. 114-121
- animal wastes; antibiotic resistance genes; bacteria; biogas; dry season; farm area; farms; feedlots; fish ponds; food safety; groundwater; livestock farming; rain; streams; surface water; swine; tetracycline; wastewater; wastewater treatment; wet season
- ... Livestock farms are a propagating source of antibiotic resistance genes (ARGs) via the discharge of animal waste carrying resistant bacteria. Groundwater is widely used in traditional livestock farming. However, there is little available information on ARGs in pumped well water. To investigate the dissemination of ARGs in well water and to assess the impact of rainfall on ARGs, the abundance and d ...
- Jiang, Yongrong; Li, Hua; Qin, Yongli; Liang, Ying; Wu, Chancui; Liu, Kehui; Yu, Fangming; Wei, Qiaoyan
- International biodeterioration & biodegradation 2019 v.138 pp. 99-105
- acetates; biogas; carbon; chemical oxygen demand; gas production (biological); high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; metabolism; methane production; methanogens; sucrose; sulfate-reducing bacteria; sulfates; volatile fatty acids; wastewater treatment
- ... We investigated the sulfidogenesis and methanogenesis processes in a five-compartment anaerobic baffled reactor fed with sucrose at an organic loading rate of 4 g COD L d−1. We decreased the influent COD/SO42− ratio from 12.5 to 2.0 stepwise; the variation in the spatial pattern of sulfidogenesis and methanogenesis was observed by then the variation in concentrations of sulfide and volatile fatty ...