Jump to Main Content
- Qian, Chan-Juan; Li, Wei; Li, Hui; Ou, Dong; Zhu-Ge, Yang-Yang; Liu, Yong-Di
- International biodeterioration & biodegradation 2018 v.132 pp. 192-199
- Escherichia coli; Virgibacillus; bacteria; betaine; biosynthesis; genes; mutants; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; nucleotide sequences; phenol; salinity; salt stress; sodium chloride; solutes; transcription (genetics); transporters
- ... The moderately halophilic bacterium, Virgibacillus halodenitrificans PDB-F2, is able to degrade phenol in high-salinity environment, which copes with external salinity fluctuation by biosynthesis or uptake of compatible solutes. Four putative compatible solutes transport systems BetL, OpuD1, OpuD2 and OpuD3, which belong to betaine-carnitine-choline transporters (BCCT) family, have been predicted ...
- Yan, Yulin; Rene, Eldon R.; Ma, Mengsi; Ma, Weifang; Li, Xinyu; Lun, Xiaoxiu
- International biodeterioration & biodegradation 2018 v.132 pp. 1-9
- Desulforhabdus; Geothrix; Methanobrevibacter; Paenibacillus; Sphingomonas; Thiobacillus; aquifers; biodegradation; community structure; genes; groundwater recharge; metabolites; microbial communities; oxygen; pentabromodiphenyl ether; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; soil; sulfates; toxicity; wastewater treatment
- ... During groundwater recharge with reclaimed water, pentabromodiphenyl ether (BDE-99) might contaminate the underground aquifers. In order to understand the effects of elevated sulfate concentrations on the biodegradation of BDE-99, lab-scale column experiments were performed to study the changes in bacterial and archaeal communities. The results confirmed that the biodegradation rate of BDE-99 impr ...