Jump to Main Content
- Haddadian, Zahra; Eyres, Graham T.; Bremer, Phil; Everett, David W.
- International dairy journal 2018 v.81 pp. 138-142
- buttermilk, etc ; churning; cream; milk fat; pH; phosphatidylcholines; phosphatidylethanolamines; phosphatidylserines; sphingomyelins; temperature; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Milk fat globule membrane (MFGM) fractions were isolated from fresh raw cream at different temperatures and pH values. The polar lipid (PL) composition of these fractions, and of commercially produced α-serum, β-serum, and buttermilk powder samples, was determined. Lower temperature and pH during churning increased the total level of PLs in the MFGM fractions. Phosphatidylethanolamine (31–36% of t ...
- Gauvin, Marie-Pierre; Pouliot, Yves; Britten, Michel
- International dairy journal 2018 v.85 pp. 153-158
- buttermilk, etc ; casein; churning; coagulation; cream; dissociation; gels; micelles; milk fat; pasteurization; reconstituted milk; rennet; skim milk; sodium citrate; ultracentrifugation; whey protein; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Milk fat globule membrane (MFGM) fragments were isolated from raw- and pasteurised-cream buttermilks to determine their impact on the rennet coagulation properties of milk. These MFGM fragments were recovered by ultracentrifugation after casein micelle dissociation using sodium citrate. This procedure was also applied to raw skim milk as a control. More protein was recovered from the two types of ...