Jump to Main Content
- Yao, Yunping; Zhao, Guozhong; Xiang, Jingying; Zou, Xiaoqiang; Jin, Qingzhe; Wang, Xingguo
- International dairy journal 2016 v.56 pp. 64-73
- cattle; cholesterol; confocal laser scanning microscopy; fat globules; fatty acid composition; goat milk; goats; human milk fat; humans; infant formulas; milk; milk fat; saturated fatty acids; triacylglycerols; unsaturated fatty acids
- ... Milk fat is widely accepted to be the major nutrient in human milk. Commercial infant formulas are usually based on mammalian milk such as bovine or caprine milk, but the differences in milk fat globules (MFGs) between human, bovine and caprine milk remain unclear. We showed that saturated fatty acid content was higher in bovine and caprine MFGs (>60%) than in human MFG (<40%), but that content of ...
- Inglingstad, R. Aa.; Eknæs, M.; Brunborg, L.; Mestawet, T.; Devold, T.G.; Vegarud, G.E.; Skeie, S.B.
- International dairy journal 2016 v.56 pp. 13-21
- cheesemaking; cheeses; coagulation; free amino acids; goat milk; goats; lactation stage; lipids; milk; milk composition; rennet; ripening; total solids
- ... In this study, milk from Norwegian goats fed a concentrate high in saturated (SAT) or unsaturated (UNSAT) lipids were compared with milk from goats fed a control concentrate (CONTROL). Milk from individual goats was sampled six times throughout the lactation at 30, 60, 90, 120, 190 and 230 days in milk (DIM). The milk was analysed for protein composition, renneting- and cheese making properties. C ...