Jump to Main Content
- Erkaya, Tuba; Ürkek, Bayram; Doğru, Ünsal; Çetin, Bülent; Şengül, Mustafa
- International dairy journal 2015 v.49 pp. 102-110
- conjugated linoleic acid, etc ; Bifidobacterium bifidum; Lactobacillus acidophilus; butter; cell viability; cold storage; fatty acid composition; free fatty acids; physicochemical properties; probiotics; sensory evaluation; sensory properties; storage time; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... This study was carried out to determine whether butter can be a carrier for probiotics by observing the survivability of selected probiotic strains during cold storage. The effects of using probiotic adjunct cultures (Lactobacillus acidophilus ATCC 4356 and Bifidobacterium bifidum ATCC 29521) in butter on microbiological counts, sensory characteristics, chemical characteristics and free fatty acid ...
- Martínez-Monteagudo, Sergio I.; Leal-Dávila, Metzeri; Curtis, Jonathan M.; Saldaña, Marleny D.A.
- International dairy journal 2015 v.43 pp. 70-77
- conjugated linoleic acid, etc ; UHT milk; UHT treatment; dissolved oxygen; hydroperoxides; milk; oxidative stability; storage conditions; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Milk naturally enriched in conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and trans-vaccenic acid (TVA) was ultra high temperature (UHT)-treated at 125–145 °C for 2–20 s and stored at 4 and 25 °C for up to 120 d. The oxidative stability of treated enriched milk was evaluated in terms of changes on the contents of CLA and TVA, dissolved oxygen, hydroperoxides, thiobarbituric acid reactive substance (TBARS) and for ...