Jump to Main Content
- Giroux, Hélène J.; Constantineau, Stéphane; Fustier, Patrick; Champagne, Claude P.; St-Gelais, Daniel; Lacroix, Monique; Britten, Michel
- International dairy journal 2013 v.29 no.2 pp. 107-114
- butter oil; cheese milk; cheesemaking; cream cheese; emulsions; in vitro digestion; nutrients; skim milk; sodium caseinate; vitamins
- ... Encapsulation of vitamin B12 in water-in-oil-in-water double emulsions was optimized to produce functional cream for cheese milk standardization. The effect of encapsulation on vitamin B12 release during in vitro gastric digestion and on retention during cheese making was determined. Primary water-in-oil emulsions were prepared from vitamin B12 (0.2%, w/v) solution and butter oil containing 8% (w/ ...
- Sánchez-Macías, D.; Morales-delaNuez, A.; Torres, A.; Hernández-Castellano, L.E.; Jiménez-Flores, R.; Castro, N.; Argüello, A.
- International dairy journal 2013 v.29 no.2 pp. 61-67
- casein; cheese milk; cheesemaking; cheeses; free fatty acids; goat milk; goats; milk tanks; pasteurized milk; physiology; proteolysis; raw milk; somatic cell count; somatic cells
- ... Milk quality criteria and limits for somatic cell count (SCC) established in many countries make it difficult to maintain SCC of bulk tank goat milk below the threshold, due to non-infection factors linked to goat physiology. The aim of this study was to objectively verify the effects of SCC on fresh caprine milk cheese. Somatic cells were recovered from pooled healthy goat milk, and added to low ...