Jump to Main Content
- Guggisberg, D.; Chollet, M.; Schreier, K.; Portmann, R.; Egger, L.
- International dairy journal 2012 v.26 no.1 pp. 88-93
- buttermilk, etc ; butter; cream; denaturation; droplets; emulsions; heat treatment; homogenization; milk fat; particle size distribution; protein content; sunflower oil; whey protein; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The effects of heat treatment of cream on the physical–chemical properties of model oil-in-buttermilk emulsions were studied. Raw cream (35% milk fat, no heat treatment) and pre-heated cream (60, 75 or 90 °C for 15 s) were churned into butter or buttermilk (BM-R, BM-60, BM-75, and BM-90). Emulsions were prepared with the resulting buttermilks and 10% sunflower oil. The physical–chemical analyses p ...
- Gallier, Sophie; Gragson, Derek; Jiménez-Flores, Rafael; Everett, David W.
- International dairy journal 2012 v.22 no.1 pp. 58-65
- buttermilk, etc ; atomic force microscopy; beta-casein; cattle; cream; fluorescence microscopy; milk; milk fat; phospholipids; raw milk; surface interactions; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Phospholipid–protein monolayer films were studied as model systems to mimic the structure of the native bovine milk fat globule membrane (MFGM) and to understand lipid–protein interactions at the surface of the globule. Phospholipids extracted from bovine raw milk, raw cream, processed milk and buttermilk powder were spread onto the air–water interface of a Langmuir trough, β-casein was then added ...