Jump to Main Content
- Christiansen, Scott; Guo, Mingruo; Kjelden, Derek
- International dairy journal 2010 v.20 no.9 pp. 630-636
- water content; cow colostrum; ultrafiltration; molecular weight; freeze drying; powdered foods; chemical composition; lipid content; ash content; carbohydrate composition; lactose; protein content; nitrogen content; nonprotein nitrogen; nutrient content; functional foods
- ... Bovine colostrum collected within 12 h of parturition was de-fatted, de-caseinated, and ultrafiltered (UF) using a 5 kDa cut-off membrane; the resulting UF permeate was freeze dried to create a powder with possible use as a functional food ingredient. Samples representative of five lots of this powdered “colostrum low molecular weight fraction” (CLMWF) were analyzed for chemical composition and nu ...
- Costa, Marcelade Rezende; Elias-Argote, Xiomara Elizabeth; Jiménez-Flores, Rafael; Gigante, Mirna Lúcia
- International dairy journal 2010 v.20 no.9 pp. 598-602
- buttermilk; whey powder; ultrafiltration; spray drying; supercritical fluid extraction; carbon dioxide; milk fat; fat globules; phospholipids; lipid content; protein content; enriched foods; food enrichment; emulsifiers
- ... Whey buttermilk, a by-product from whey cream processing to butter, is rich in milk fat globule membrane (MFGM) constituents, which have technological and potential health properties. The objective of this work was to produce a dairy ingredient enriched in MFGM material, especially phospholipids, from whey buttermilk. Whey buttermilk was concentrated by ultrafiltration (10×) and subsequently diafi ...