Jump to Main Content
- Morin, P.; Jiménez-Flores, R.; Pouliot, Y.
- International dairy journal 2007 v.17 no.10 pp. 1179-1187
- buttermilk, etc ; food processing; milk composition; microstructure; milk fat; fat globules; pasteurization; spray drying; lipid composition; phospholipids; cream; whey protein; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The effect of cream pasteurization on the composition and microstructure of buttermilk after pasteurization, evaporation and spray-drying was studied. The composition of milk fat globule membrane (MFGM) isolated from buttermilk samples was also characterized. Pasteurization of cream resulted in higher lipid recovery in the buttermilk. Spray-drying of buttermilk had a significant effect on phosphol ...
- Vanderghem, C.; Danthine, S.; Blecker, C.; Deroanne, C.
- International dairy journal 2007 v.17 no.8 pp. 889-895
- buttermilk, etc ; food analysis; cream; food processing; recombined milk; reconstituted foods; emulsions; emulsifying; ingredients; proteose peptones; milk fat; food quality; lipid content; droplet size; particle size distribution; binding properties; creaming; viscosity; emulsifying properties; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The effect of the addition of the total proteose-peptone (TPP) fraction on some physico-chemical properties of recombined cream was studied. Oil-in-water emulsions, 30% or 20% (w/w) fat, were prepared using only the dairy components buttermilk, milkfat and TPP. The effect of different concentrations of TPP on droplet size, creaming stability, flow behaviour, viscosity and whippability of recombine ...