Jump to Main Content
- Nielsen, Jacob H., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- International dairy journal 2018 v.79 pp. 52-61
- calcium; cysteine; denaturation; disulfide bonds; dose response; gels; heat; heat stability; lactalbumin; pH; temperature; thiols; whey protein
- ... α-Lactalbumin (α-LA) is a key commercial whey protein for nutritional purposes. The holo protein (calcium saturated) is considered the most heat stable whey protein, capable of refolding from unfolded states under many conditions. This is due to the absence of free thiols (cysteine residues) that are typically involved in thermal aggregation and thiol–disulphide exchange reactions of other whey pr ...
- Nielsen, Jacob H., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- International dairy journal 2016 v.62 pp. 43-52
- acidification; acidified milk; casein; denaturation; firmness; gel strength; gelation; gels; gluconolactone; heat; heat treatment; homogenization; microstructure; pH; particle size; protein aggregates; protein content; rheology; skim milk; viscosity; whey protein
- ... Non-fat milk model systems containing 5% total protein were investigated with addition of micro- or nanoparticulated whey protein at two levels of casein (2.5% and 3.5%, w/w). The systems were subjected to homogenisation (20 MPa), heat treatment (90 °C for 5 min) and chemical (glucono-delta-lactone) acidification to pH 4.6 and characterised in terms of denaturation degree of whey protein, particle ...