Jump to Main Content
- Osimani, Andrea, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- International dairy journal 2013 v.29 no.1 pp. 42-52
- cows; fatty acid composition; free fatty acids; goat cheese; goats; least squares; milk; niches; pH; pasteurization; principal component analysis; protected designation of origin; semisoft cheeses; volatile compounds; water activity; Italy
- ... Twenty-nine semi-hard and hard cheeses from the Marche region (Central Italy) made from either raw or pasteurised ewes', goats', and cows' or a blend of ewes' and cows' milk were analysed for pH, water activity, gross composition, bacterial ecology, and volatile compound profile. Two chemometric tools were used to analyse the available data: principal component analysis (PCA) for preliminary explo ...
- Osimani, Andrea, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- International dairy journal 2012 v.25 no.1 pp. 52-59
- Italian cheeses; acidification; food fortification; humans; lactic acid bacteria; manufacturing; reconstituted milk; sodium chloride; starter cultures; zinc; zinc sulfate
- ... Zinc is essential for many basic physiological functions in humans. The human body has a limited zinc storage capacity; zinc deficiency can develop rapidly when intakes are low. Food fortification is a successful strategy to control zinc deficiency. Very little information is available about the response of lactic acid bacteria (LAB) to milk fortified with different zinc salts. In this study, the ...