Jump to Main Content
- Sweet, Andrew D.; Bush, Sarah E.; Gustafsson, Daniel R.; Allen, Julie M.; DiBlasi, Emily; Skeen, Heather R.; Weckstein, Jason D.; Johnson, Kevin P.
- International journal for parasitology 2018 v.48 no.8 pp. 641-648
- host-parasite relationships, etc ; biogeography; body size; coevolution; dimorphism; ecomorphology; hosts; lice; parasitism; phylogeny; plumage; songbirds; trees; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Comparisons of host and parasite phylogenies often show varying degrees of phylogenetic congruence. However, few studies have rigorously explored the factors driving this variation. Multiple factors such as host or parasite morphology may govern the degree of phylogenetic congruence. An ideal analysis for understanding the factors correlated with congruence would focus on a diverse host–parasite s ...
- Lunghi, Enrico; Ficetola, Gentile Francesco; Mulargia, Manuela; Cogoni, Roberto; Veith, Michael; Corti, Claudia; Manenti, Raoul
- International journal for parasitology 2018 v.7 no.1 pp. 48-53
- host-parasite relationships, etc ; Hirudinea; body condition; body size; data collection; ectoparasites; freshwater; hosts; parasitism; population dynamics; salamanders and newts; surveys; water hardness; Italy; Sardinia; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Leeches can parasitize many vertebrate taxa. In amphibians, leech parasitism often has potential detrimental effects including population decline. Most of studies on the host-parasite interactions involving leeches and amphibians focus on freshwater environments, while they are very scarce for terrestrial amphibians. In this work, we studied the relationship between the leech Batracobdella algira ...
- PubMed Central: