Jump to Main Content
- Alloatti, Andrés; Testero, Sebastián A.; Uttaro, Antonio D.
- International journal for parasitology 2009 v.39 no.9 pp. 985-993
- Trypanosoma cruzi; cell membranes; culture media; drug therapy; drugs; enzyme activity; epimastigotes; fatty acid composition; growth retardation; isomers; mammals; oleic acid; parasites; stearic acid; stearoyl-CoA desaturase
- ... Four positional isomers of Thiastearate (TS) and Isoxyl (Thiocarlide) were assayed as fatty acid desaturase inhibitors in Trypanosoma cruzi epimastigotes. 9-TS did not exert a significant effect on growth of T. cruzi, nor on the fatty acid profile of the parasite cells. One hundred micromolars of 10-TS totally inhibited growth, with an effective concentration for 50% growth inhibition (EC₅₀) of 3. ...
- Balasubramanian, Natesan; Hao, You-Jin; Toubarro, Duarte; Nascimento, Gisela; Simões, Nelson
- International journal for parasitology 2009 v.39 no.9 pp. 975-984
- Steinernema carpocapsae; entomopathogenic nematodes; excretory-secretory products; serine proteinases; chymotrypsin; purification; enzyme activity; Galleria mellonella; prophenoloxidase; enzyme inhibition; immunosuppression (physiological); hemocytes; sequence analysis; phylogeny; gene expression regulation
- ... A chymotrypsin serine protease (designated Sc-CHYM) was purified by gel filtration and anion-exchange chromatography from excretory-secretory products of parasitic stage Steinernema carpocapsae. The purified protease had an apparent molecular mass of 30kDa and displayed a pI of 5.9. This protease demonstrated high activity against the chymotrypsin-specific substrate N-Succinyl-Ala-Ala-Pro-Phe-p-ni ...