Jump to Main Content
- Brown, Peter R.; Tuan, Vo Van; Nhan, Dang Kieu; Dung, Le Canh; Ward, John
- International journal of agricultural sustainability 2018 v.16 no.3 pp. 255-271
- acid sulfate soils; agrochemicals; agroecology; alluvial soils; assets; climate change; combine harvesters; credit; crop production; dryers; farmers; floods; focus groups; humans; infrastructure; interviews; issues and policy; labor; livelihood; purchasing; river deltas; salinity; saltwater intrusion; temperature; topography; transportation; water quality; water quantity; water shortages; Vietnam
- ... Farmers in the Vietnamese Mekong Delta face a wide range of climate-related and hydrological factors which threaten rice production. Smallholder farmers must adapt to climate change to sustain rice production as their central and most important livelihood activity. A sample was stratified across agro-ecological areas in the Delta affected by flooding, alluvial soils, acid sulphate soils, and salin ...
- Stokka, Tone; Dramstad, Wenche E.; Potthoff, Kerstin
- International journal of agricultural sustainability 2018 v.16 no.3 pp. 243-254
- agricultural land; cultural heritage; decision making; environmental management; farmers; intensive farming; interviews; landowners; leasing; statistics; Norway
- ... The amount of rented farmland in Norway has increased steadily since the 1950s. Concerns have been raised questioning whether farmland is treated less well by tenants compared to landowners. This study aims to investigate how farmers perceive their treatment of rented farmland, which factors impact their decision-making related to this and if farmers are concerned about farmland elements that are ...