Jump to Main Content
- Traglia, German, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- International journal of antimicrobial agents 2019 v.54 no.5 pp. 587-591
- Acinetobacter baumannii; agar; colistin; colorimetry; drugs; genes; minimum inhibitory concentration; mutation; reading; resistance mechanisms
- ... The increasing use of polymyxins as last-resort drugs for managing infections by Acinetobacter baumannii has led to the emergence of resistance. This study aimed to determine the resistance mechanisms in Acinetobacter baumannii isolates with colistin MIC ≥ 4 mg/L and to relate the mechanisms of resistance with the difficulties in detecting them. Absolute agreement among the different methodologies ...
- Traglia, German M., et al. Show all 13 Authors
- International journal of antimicrobial agents 2019 v.53 no.4 pp. 483-490
- Acinetobacter baumannii; DNA; Klebsiella pneumoniae; animal pathogens; antibiotic resistance; antibiotic resistance genes; bioinformatics; carbapenems; gene flow; metabolism; operon; prediction; sequence analysis
- ... The human pathogen Acinetobacter baumannii possesses high genetic plasticity and frequently acquires antimicrobial resistance genes. Here we investigated the role of natural transformation in these processes. Genomic DNA from different sources, including from carbapenem-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae strains, was mixed with A. baumannii A118 cells. Selected transformants were analysed by whole-ge ...