Jump to Main Content
- Kong, Xiaoli; Zhang, Zhongyuan; Fu, Ting; Ji, Juan; Yang, Junling; Gu, Zhifeng
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.125 pp. 892-900
- animal models; brain; in vitro studies; lupus erythematosus; mice; neuroglia; signal transduction; sucrose; transcription factor NF-kappa B; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... This study aimed to investigate the effects of tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α) on systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). The animal model of MRL/MpJ-Faslpr mice (MRL/lpr; lupus-prone mice) showed depression-like behaviors based on tail suspension, sucrose preference, and open field tests. Brain microglia were significantly activated with obvious increases in proinflammatory cytokines. In addition, in ...
- Qu, Youyang; Tang, Jingling; Liu, Li; Song, LiLi; Chen, Simin; Gao, Yanan
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.125 pp. 1192-1202
- adhesion; alpha-tocopherol; biocompatibility; cardiomyocytes; chitosan; hydrogels; morbidity; mortality; myocardial infarction; oxidative stress; scanning electron microscopy; solubility; temperature; thermosensitivity; tissue engineering
- ... Myocardial infarction (MI) continues to be a major contributor to the morbidity and mortality across the globe. Injectable hydrogel, a tissue-engineered scaffold, recently demonstrated very promising in myocardial repair. However, the undesirable retention and survival of transplanted cells has limited their applications due to the oxidative stress microenvironment of MI lesions. In this work, a t ...