Jump to Main Content
- Musa, Haliru; Kasim, Farizul Hafiz; Gunny, Ahmad Anas Nagoor; Gopinath, Subash C.B.; Chinni, Suresh V.; Ahmad, Mohd. Azmier
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.133 pp. 1288-1298
- Marinobacter litoralis; aquatic bacteria; carboxylic ester hydrolases; computer software; genes; messenger RNA; non-coding RNA; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny; prediction; proteinases; salt tolerance; seawater; Malaysia
- ... A report on the de novo Whole Genome Sequence (WGS) of Marinobacter litoralis SW-45, a moderately salt-tolerant bacterium isolated from the seawater in Malaysia is presented. The strain has a genome size of 3.45 Mb and is capable of producing halophilic lipase, protease and esterase enzymes. Computational prediction of non-coding RNA (ncRNA) genes in M. litoralis SW-45 was performed using standalo ...
- Sharaf, S.; El-Naggar, Mehrez E.
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.133 pp. 583-591
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; antimicrobial properties; bacteria; beta-cyclodextrin; biodegradability; carrageenan; cotton fabric; cross-linking reagents; encapsulation; fungi; honey bees; hydrogels; mechanical properties; pH; polymers; propolis; release assessment; scanning electron microscopy; tissue repair
- ... The current study was set to prepare a delivery system based on a mixture of biodegradable polymeric hydrogel (i.e., carrageenan (κ-CAR) and β-cyclodextrin (β-CD)) for encapsulating honey bee propolis extract (HBP). The crosslinking agent; glyoxal was incorporated to increase the insolubility of the HBP-loaded hydrogel to fit the cotton fabric treatments. The synthesized hydrogels were fully chara ...