Jump to Main Content
- Espinosa, Eduardo; Sánchez, Rafael; Otero, Rocío; Domínguez-Robles, Juan; Rodríguez, Alejandro
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2017 v.103 pp. 990-999
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; barley; corn; crystal structure; depolymerization; hemicellulose; lignin; lignocellulose; nanofibers; oats; straw; thermal stability; wheat
- ... The aim of this work is to study the suitability of different soda cereal straw pulps (wheat, barley, corn and oats) to produce lignocellulose nanofibers (LCNF). For the study of the influence of the composition and physical characteristics, the pulps were characterized, observing that the physical characteristics do not influence the nanofibrillation process. However, the composition of the fiber ...
- Kian, Lau Kia; Jawaid, Mohammad; Ariffin, Hidayah; Alothman, Othman Y.
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2017 v.103 pp. 931-940
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Hibiscus sabdariffa; X-ray diffraction; acid hydrolysis; biocomposites; cellulose; crystal structure; differential scanning calorimetry; elemental composition; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; lignin; nanocomposites; particle size; pulp; scanning electron microscopy; thermal stability; thermogravimetry
- ... In this study, microcrystalline cellulose (MCC) was extracted from roselle fiber through acid hydrolysis treatment and its properties were compared with those of commercially available MCC. The physicochemical and morphological characteristics, elemental composition, size distribution, crystallinity and thermal properties of the obtained MCC were analyzed in this work. Fourier transform infrared s ...