Jump to Main Content
- Golie, Wondalem Misganaw; Upadhyayula, Sreedevi
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2017 v.97 pp. 489-502
- bentonite, etc ; adsorption; aluminum oxide; biocomposites; biosorbents; biosorption; chitosan; crosslinking; equations; ions; models; nitrates; pH; sorption isotherms; temperature; thermodynamics; titanium; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... In this study, three types of crosslinked organic-inorganic hybrid biocomposites, such as chitosan/bentonite, chitosan/titanium oxide, and chitosan/alumina (ChBT, ChTi, and ChAl respectively) were prepared and utilized for the removal of nitrate from water by batch biosorption experiments. Effects of crosslinker dose, initial nitrate concentration, contact time, initial pH of the nitrate solution, ...
- Kumar, Ilango Aswin; Viswanathan, Natrayasamy
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2017
- bentonite, etc ; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; adsorption; agitation; anions; biocomposites; calcium; chitosan; electrostatic interactions; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; eutrophication; ion exchange; iron; metal ions; pH; phosphates; scanning electron microscopy; temperature; thermodynamics; transmission electron microscopy; water pollution; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... In this present work, to overcome the problem of eutrophication due to phosphate an attempt was made to develop eco-friendly composite materials using chitosan and bentonite. To improve the properties of bentonite (bent) and chitosan (CS), chitosan supported bentonite (CSBent) composites were prepared and utilized for phosphate removal. To enhance the uptake capacity of CSBent, various multivalent ...