Jump to Main Content
- Nayak, Amit Kumar; Pal, Dilipkumar
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2011 v.49 no.4 pp. 784-793
- sodium alginate, etc ; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; calcium chloride; drugs; encapsulation; experimental design; gelation; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; pH; particle size; response surface methodology; seeds; tamarinds; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The present study deals with the development of novel pH-sensitive tamarind seed polysaccharide (TSP)–alginate composite beads for controlled diclofenac sodium delivery using response surface methodology by full 3² factorial design. The effect of polymer-blend ratio (sodium alginate:TSP) and cross-linker (CaCl₂) concentration on the drug encapsulation efficiency (DEE, %) and drug release from dicl ...
- Lee, Ji-Soo; Park, Sun-Ah; Chung, Donghwa; Lee, Hyeon Gyu
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2011 v.49 no.3 pp. 268-273
- calcium alginate, etc ; Xanthophyllomyces dendrorhous; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; calcium chloride; encapsulation; gelation; gels; lipid peroxidation; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Calcium alginate gel (CAG) beads were used to entrap the antioxidant astaxanthin-rich Xanthophyllomyces dendrorhous (ASX) by ionic gelation. ASX-CAG bead entrapment efficiency and release behavior, as influenced by alginate and CaCl₂ concentration and hardening time, were investigated. The optimized bead preparation conditions that gave rise to an efficient ASX release pattern were 1.5% alginate, ...