Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.131 pp. 147-157
- amylose; anhydrides; color; corn starch; emulsifying properties; gels; kidney beans; lipid content; mayonnaise; modified starch; particle size; potato starch; rice starch; separation; sweet potatoes; viscosity; waxy corn; wheat starch
- ... Wheat starch (WS), corn starch (CS), waxy corn starch (WCS), potato starch (PS), sweet potato (SP), rice starch (RS) and kidney bean (KB) were modified using octenyl succinic anhydride (OSA) and evaluated for various properties. Degree of substitution (DS) showed significant increase with increase in amylose (AM) content. OSA modified starches showed higher paste viscosities compared to their nati ...
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.123 pp. 1143-1149
- amylose; crystal structure; gelatinization; granules; hardness; pasting properties; swelling (materials); temperature; thermal properties; wheat
- ... Starches from extraordinarily soft wheat (Ex-SW), medium-hard wheat (MHW) and hard wheat (HW) varieties were evaluated for various properties and their relationship with each other was established. Varieties showed wide variation in grain hardness index (GHI) that varied between 17 and 95. Starches were evaluated for physicochemical properties, granule size distribution, starch morphology, pasting ...