Jump to Main Content
- Vernon-Carter, E.J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.132 pp. 766-771
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; alpha-amylase; corn starch; dispersions; enzymatic hydrolysis; enzyme activity; enzyme inhibition; gelatinization; glucose; hydrolysis; mathematical models; starch
- ... The inhibitory effect of glucose on the activity of α‑amylase used for starch hydrolysis was explored in this study. Four gelatinized corn starch dispersions (5 g/100 mL) containing different glucose concentrations (0.5, 1.0, 2.0 and 4.0 g/100 mL) and a control without added glucose were subjected to enzymatic hydrolysis with α‑amylase (0.33 IU/mL) for 2 h. The hydrolysis kinetics showed that the ...
- Vernon-Carter, E.J., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2018 v.116 pp. 715-720
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; amylopectin; amylose; corn starch; dispersions; gelatinization; granules; in vitro digestibility; light microscopy; microstructure; polysorbates; resistant starch; surfactants; viscosity; waxy corn
- ... Aqueous dispersions of normal and waxy corn starch (3% w/w) were mixed with Tween 80 (0, 7.5, 15, 22.5 and 30 g/100 g of starch), and gelatinized (90 °C, 20 min). Optical microscopy of the gelatinized starch dispersions (GSDx; x = Tween 80 concentration) revealed that the microstructure was characterized by a continuous phase of leached amylose and amylopectin entangled chains, and a dispersed pha ...