Jump to Main Content
- Ullah, Aman, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2017
- cysteine; dialysis; feathers; gelation; hydrogels; hydrogen bonding; hydrophobic bonding; keratin; pH; storage modulus; temperature; thiols; viscoelasticity
- ... Protein gels with controlled viscoelastic properties could find numerous material and biomedical applications. Feather keratin is naturally abundant protein while its gelation property has not been explored. In this study hydrogel from fully reduced feather keratin was prepared by dialysis. The objectives of this work were to study the molecular mechanism of self-assembly of feather keratin gel an ...
- Ullah, Aman, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.121 pp. 1086-1100
- anions; aqueous solutions; biodegradability; biopolymers; biosorption; chitin; chitosan; cost effectiveness; electrostatic interactions; half life; heavy metals; ionization; metal ions; remediation; wastewater; zeta potential
- ... Heavy metals have substantively high values of half-lives with nonbiodegradable chemical nature. At the same time, their ionic compounds have amazing ability of ionization in aqueous media. Remediation of such metals from wastewaters has been very complex, expensive and a challenging goal for ages. Several methods have been employed to segregate heavy metals and their corresponding anions, and org ...