Jump to Main Content
- Ghorani, Behrouz, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2018 v.108 pp. 1-8
- acetone; cellulose acetate; desorption; dietary supplements; electric power; essential amino acids; kinetics; manufacturing; methanol; mixing; nanofibers; solvents; spinning; surface area; tryptophan
- ... The essential amino acid l-tryptophan is naturally present in the body, and is also available as a water soluble dietary supplement. The feasibility of preparing enriched cellulose acetate (CA)-based fibres as a vehicle for therapeutic delivery of such biomolecules was investigated. A new ternary solvent system consisting of acetone: N,N-dimethylacetamide: methanol (2:1:2) has been demonstrated to ...
- Ghorani, Behrouz, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2018 v.116 pp. 208-216
- bioactive compounds; caffeine; calcium alginate; chitosan; consciousness; electrostatic interactions; human behavior; hydrophilicity; mathematical models; microencapsulation; microparticles; molecular weight; polymers
- ... One of the major challenges with microencapsulation and delivery of low molecular weight bioactive compounds is their diffusional loss during storage and process conditions as well as under gastric conditions. In an attempt to slow down the release rate of core material, electrospray fabricated calcium alginate microhydrogels were coated with low molecular weight and high molecular weight chitosan ...