Jump to Main Content
- Jamoussi, Kais, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2018 v.117 pp. 752-761
- Bacillus thuringiensis; Ephestia kuehniella; bioassays; biopesticides; carbohydrate binding; crystal proteins; delta-endotoxins; hemolysins; insect resistance; insects; molecular models; plant protection; plasmids; receptors; toxicity
- ... Bacillus thuringiensis Vip3A protein has been widely used for crop protection and for delay resistance to existing insecticidal Cry toxins. During current study, a fusion between vip3Aa16 and the toxic core sequence of cry1Ac was constructed in pHT Blue plasmid. Vip3Aa16-Cry1Ac protein was expressed in the supernatant of B. thuringiensis with a size of about 150 kDa. Bioassays tested on Ephestia k ...
- Jamoussi, Kaïs, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2016 v.91 pp. 510-517
- Bacillus thuringiensis; Southern blotting; Spodoptera littoralis; Tribolium castaneum; bioassays; bioinformatics; exotoxins; insecticidal proteins; intergenic DNA; models; open reading frames; operon; plasmid curing; plasmids; polymerase chain reaction; toxicity
- ... The Bacillus thuringiensis S1/4 strain was previously found to harbour vip1S, vip2S, and vip3 genes. Its plasmid curing led to the obtaining of four partially cured strains S1/4-2, S1/4-3, S1/4-7, and S1/4-9 (vip2S-vip1S (−), vip3 (+)), one strain S1/4-4 (vip2S-vip1S (+), vip3 (−)), and S1/4-0 strain lacking the three genes. Using these derivative strains as templates, PCR amplification and southe ...