Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: jiali?
- Li, Jiale, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.135 pp. 745-751
- Hyriopsis cumingii; RNA interference; binding proteins; biomineralization; calcium carbonate; chitin; crystallization; crystals; epithelial cells; genes; in situ hybridization; minerals; nacre
- ... Shell biomineralization is a process where inorganic minerals accumulate upon a chitinous scaffold under the control of multifunctional matrix proteins. In this study, we cloned a novel matrix protein gene from the mantle of Hyriopsis cumingii. The predicted protein, hichin, contains a chitin-binding domain and exhibited the highest expressional level in mantle tissue, with positive signals mainly ...
- Li, Jiale, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2017 v.102 pp. 667-673
- Hyriopsis cumingii; amino acids; biomineralization; calcium carbonate; collagen; complementary DNA; epithelial cells; genes; in situ hybridization; isoelectric point; molecular weight; molluscs; nacre; pearls; polypeptides; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; signal peptide
- ... Nacre is a product of a precisely regulated biomineralization process and a major contributor to the luster of pearls. Nacre is composed of calcium carbonate and an organic matrix of proteins that is secreted from mollusc mantle tissue and is exclusively associated with shell formation. In this study, hic52, a novel matrix protein gene from mantle of Hyriopsis cumingii, was cloned and functionally ...