Jump to Main Content
- Umar, Muhammad, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.124 pp. 60-70
- ion exchange chromatography; human cell lines; dialysis; cell viability; bioactive properties; Komagataella pastoris; glycosylation; methanol; recombinant proteins; atomic force microscopy; staining; cytoplasm; insulin resistance; pH; screening; purification methods; fluorescent antibody technique; apoptosis
- ... Irisin, a circulating myokine, has been shown to effectively ameliorate insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes mellitus by administration of the recombinant protein. Therefore, it is important to efficiently produce active irisin protein and further characterize its potential mechanism against hepatic insulin resistance. In this study, we obtained a multi-copy irisin-expressing P. pastoris strain ...
- Umar, Muhammad, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2016 v.84 pp. 457-463
- food intake; energy; blood serum; body weight; blood glucose; glycemic effect; gene expression; mice; genes; insulin; intraperitoneal injection; sodium chloride; diabetes; oral administration; glucose tolerance; animal disease models
- ... In order to investigate the hypoglycemic effects and potential mechanism of recombinant irisin on diabetes, STZ-induced diabetic mice were established and treated with irisin. The results showed that daily water and food intake, and blood glucose significantly decreased after various concentrations of recombinant irisin treatment by intraperitoneal injection, of which 1.0mg/kg was the optimal dose ...