Jump to Main Content
- Oral, Cansu; Thurner, Joy‐Yana
- International journal of consumer studies 2019 v.43 no.3 pp. 277-288
- consumer behavior; developed countries; lifestyle; social welfare; socioeconomic status
- ... Although consumption is a symbol of an individual's socio‐economic status, an increasing number of individuals voluntarily prefer to consume less. This phenomenon is called anti‐consumption and it mainly occurs in developed countries where consumption levels have reached excessive amounts. One of the main aims of individuals following an anti‐consumption lifestyle is to increase their own well‐bei ...
- Sheng, Guanghua; Xie, Fang; Gong, Siyu; Pan, Hong
- International journal of consumer studies 2019 v.43 no.3 pp. 315-326
- air pollution; attitudes and opinions; consciousness; consumer behavior; cultural values; environmental knowledge; environmentally preferable purchasing; fossil fuels; leadership; lifestyle; municipal wastewater
- ... Environmental problems, especially in the case of water and air pollution, are the harmful result of the overconsumption of fossil fuels as well as various forms of industrial sewage water discharge. Recently, growing environmentally friendly purchasing behaviour of consumers has become regarded as an effective method for alleviating such environmental problems. Due to concerns regarding the natur ...