Jump to Main Content
- Li, Wenhang; Gong, Jianhua; Yu, Ping; Duan, Qishen; Zou, Yuling
- International journal of digital earth 2014 v.7 no.1 pp. 38-52
- computers; electronic equipment; models
- ... A Parasitic Model is proposed in this study for Digital Earth running on mobile phones through a mobile network. Because of mobile phones' limited capabilities in high-performance computing, rendering, storing, and networking (CRSN), these functions are accomplished by a superior host computer in this model. Rendered virtual scenes are compressed in a time-series as a data stream and are sent to t ...
- Zhang, Liqiang; Han, Chunming; Zhang, Liang; Zhang, Xiaokun; Li, Jonathan
- International journal of digital earth 2014 v.7 no.1 pp. 53-67
- Internet; geographic information systems; models
- ... Adaptive rendering of large urban building models has become an important research issue in three-dimensional (3D) geographic information system (GIS) applications. This study explores a way for rendering web-based 3D urban building models. A client–server hybrid rendering approach is presented for large 3D city models, stored on a remote server through a network. The approach combines an efficien ...