Jump to Main Content
- Itusha, A.; Mohanasrinivasan, V.
- International journal of environmental science and technology 2018 v.15 no.12 pp. 2637-2646
- Aeromonas; adsorption; alginates; biofilm; bioreactors; cadmium; ecosystems; exopolysaccharides; fluidized beds; heavy metals; maximum tolerated concentration; phylogeny; quorum sensing; ribosomal DNA; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; sewage effluent; toxicity
- ... Cadmium is one of the toxic heavy metals which tend to accumulate in the biome posing threat to the living system. The present study investigated the cadmium removal efficiency by effective cadmium-resistant isolate in a novel dual-chambered horizontal continuous-flow bioreactor. Cadmium-resistant bacterial isolates were obtained from sewage effluent samples and were tested for their maximum toler ...
- Azimi, N.; Najafpour, G.D.; Hassani, A.H.; Borghei, S.M.
- International journal of environmental science and technology 2018 v.15 no.2 pp. 415-426
- antibiotic resistance; antibiotics; bacteria; biofilm; biomass; bioreactors; chemical oxygen demand; fungi; organic matter; scanning electron microscopy; sewage; sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim; wastewater
- ... Antibiotic contamination of aqueous environment due to pharmaceutical sewage may lead to development of antibiotic-resistant bacteria strain. In this research, elimination of antibiotics from synthetic wastewater was investigated. For this purpose, sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim were treated by a pilot scale of net-like rotating biological contactor with three compartments, 48 plastic discs wit ...