Jump to Main Content
- Erkan, H. S.; Engin, G. O.; Kulil, B.; Gunalp, G.
- International journal of environmental science and technology 2017 v.14 no.5 pp. 933-942
- membrane bioreactors, etc ; activated sludge; aeration; chemical oxygen demand; fouling; hydrophobicity; nitrogen; oxygen; quantitative analysis; viscosity; wastewater; zeta potential; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The properties of activated sludge are very important in a membrane bioreactor (MBR) in terms of membrane fouling. The most important parameters affecting the membrane fouling can be listed as mixed liquor suspended solid (MLSS) concentration, soluble microbial products (SMPs), extracellular polymeric substances (EPSs), floc size, aeration and viscosity of both supernatant and activated sludge. Th ...
- Leyva-Díaz, J. C.; Martín-Pascual, J.; Poyatos, J. M.
- International journal of environmental science and technology 2017 v.14 no.4 pp. 881-910
- membrane bioreactors, etc ; activated sludge; ammonium nitrogen; biochemical oxygen demand; biofilm; biomass; chemical industry; chemical oxygen demand; effluents; hospitals; laws and regulations; microfiltration; moving bed biofilm reactors; organic matter; pharmaceutical industry; pulp and paper mills; salinity; temperature; textile industry; ultrafiltration; wastewater; wastewater treatment; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... This review carries out a comparative study of advanced technologies to design, upgrade and rehabilitate wastewater treatment plants. The study analyzed the relevant researches in the last years about the moving bed biofilm reactor process with only attached biomass and with hybrid biomass, which combined attached and suspended growth; both could be coupled with a secondary settling tank or microf ...