Jump to Main Content
- Gandra, Tatiane Kuka Valente; Volcan, Darla; Kroning, Isabela Schneid; Marini, Naciele; de Oliveira, Antônio Costa; Bastos, Caroline Peixoto; da Silva, Wladimir Padilha
- International journal of food microbiology 2019 v.300 pp. 1-7
- Listeria monocytogenes; adhesion; biofilm; gene expression; genes; loci; polystyrenes; stainless steel; temperature
- ... The objective of this study was to compare the gene expression levels of the agr locus and prfA gene during adhesion and biofilm formation by four L. monocytogenes isolates (2 biofilm-forming and 2 non–forming) on stainless steel and polystyrene surfaces at different temperatures (10 °C, 20 °C and 37 °C), and times (8 h, 12 h, 24 h and 48 h). The agrA and prfA genes were expressed at higher levels ...
- Alizadeh, Zahra; Yousefi, Shima; Ahari, Hamed
- International journal of food microbiology 2019 v.300 pp. 31-42
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Escherichia coli; Listeria monocytogenes; Salmonella enterica; Staphylococcus aureus; X-ray diffraction; acid hydrolysis; antibacterial properties; chicken meat; coatings; cold storage; fillets; lemon peels; mixing; nanocrystals; particle size; potato starch; response surface methodology; scanning electron microscopy; sensory properties; spraying; starch granules; sulfuric acid; temperature; ultrasonics; viscosity
- ... Starch nanocrystal (S-NC) was produced after sulfuric acid hydrolysis of potato starch granules and then characterized by laser diffraction particle size analyzer, scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and X-ray diffraction (XRD). Response surface methodology (RSM) was applied to optimize S-NC (2–10%) concentration, sour lemon peel extract (SLPE, 2.5–12.5%) amount, mixing temperature (M-TE, 25–65 °C) ...