Jump to Main Content
- Alizadeh, Zahra; Yousefi, Shima; Ahari, Hamed
- International journal of food microbiology 2019 v.300 pp. 31-42
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Escherichia coli; Listeria monocytogenes; Salmonella enterica; Staphylococcus aureus; X-ray diffraction; acid hydrolysis; antibacterial properties; chicken meat; coatings; cold storage; fillets; lemon peels; mixing; nanocrystals; particle size; potato starch; response surface methodology; scanning electron microscopy; sensory properties; spraying; starch granules; sulfuric acid; temperature; ultrasonics; viscosity
- ... Starch nanocrystal (S-NC) was produced after sulfuric acid hydrolysis of potato starch granules and then characterized by laser diffraction particle size analyzer, scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and X-ray diffraction (XRD). Response surface methodology (RSM) was applied to optimize S-NC (2–10%) concentration, sour lemon peel extract (SLPE, 2.5–12.5%) amount, mixing temperature (M-TE, 25–65 °C) ...
- Al-zoreky, Najeeb S.; Al-Taher, Abdulla Y.
- International journal of food microbiology 2019 v.299 pp. 64-70
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Escherichia coli; Listeria monocytogenes; Phoenix dactylifera; Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica; Staphylococcus aureus; agar; antibacterial properties; antioxidant activity; byproducts; chicken meat; drugs; essential oils; food industry; food pathogens; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; hydrodistillation; in vitro studies; inhibitory concentration 50; models; oils; refractive index; spathes; storage temperature; value-added products
- ... Essential oils extracted by hydro-distillation form date palm spathe (byproduct from date palm plants) were tested for their antibacterial activity against some food-borne pathogens. Listeria monocytogenes ATCC 7644, Staphylococcus aureus ATCC 29243, Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica serovar Enteritidis ATCC 13076 and E. coli ATCC 25922 were inhibited (11–13 mm inhibition zones) by spathe essent ...