Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Huaiqiong; Zhong, Qixin
- International journal of food microbiology 2018 v.274 pp. 38-44
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; Escherichia coli O157; Salmonella enterica; agar; antibacterial properties; bacteria; byproducts; cherry tomatoes; chlorine; culture media; fresh produce; minimum inhibitory concentration; organic matter; pH; pathogens; sanitation; soaking; sodium benzoate; tomato puree; washing; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Concerns about undesirable by-products from chlorine sanitation of fresh produce and the limited efficacy with the presence of organic matter, have led to studies on alternative washing solutions. The aim of this study was to evaluate the antibacterial activities of acidified sodium benzoate (NaB) solutions against Escherichia coli O157:H7, Salmonella enterica and Listeria monocytogenes in growth ...
- Lee, Gyeongmin; Kim, Yoonbin; Kim, Hoikyung; Beuchat, Larry R.; Ryu, Jee-Hoon
- International journal of food microbiology 2018 v.265 pp. 49-54
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; agar; antibacterial properties; bark; basil; buds; carrots; cinnamon; culture media; essential oils; flowers; food pathogens; foods; gases; glucose; leaves; linalool; minimum inhibitory concentration; oregano; radishes; relative humidity; thyme; thymol; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... The aim of this study was to evaluate the antimicrobial activities of gaseous essential oils (EO gases) against Listeria monocytogenes on the surfaces of a laboratory medium and radish sprouts. We determined the minimal inhibitory concentration (MIC) and minimal lethal concentration (MLC) values of EO gases from eight EOs extracted from basil leaves, carrot seed, cinnamon bark, cinnamon leaves, cl ...