Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: silva?
- Murialdo, Silvia Elena, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- International journal of food microbiology 2018 v.286 pp. 179-189
- Engraulis anchoita; anchovies; beneficial microorganisms; bivariate analysis; brining; cluster analysis; cytochrome-c oxidase; enzyme activity; factor analysis; food spoilage; hydrogen sulfide; lipolysis; microbial communities; monitoring; morphs; natural selection; odors; off flavors; phenotype; plate count; proteolysis; raw materials; salted fish; sodium chloride; texture
- ... The halophilic microbial community of the salted-ripened anchovy process was studied. Samples from raw materials (salt and fresh anchovies) and from the stages of brining and ripening were collected and analyzed for their bacterial counts at 15 and 20% NaCl. No halophilic colonies were found in fresh anchovy and counts of about 103 CFU/g were determined in salt samples. A fluctuation of bacterial ...
- Piva, Silvia, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- International journal of food microbiology 2018 v.277 pp. 50-57
- Arcobacter butzleri; One Health initiative; dairies; epidemiological studies; health services; humans; matrix-assisted laser desorption-ionization mass spectrometry; monitoring; multilocus sequence typing; pulsed-field gel electrophoresis; source attribution; traditional technology; Italy
- ... For the first time, this study evaluated the use of MALDI-TOF as a typing tool for Arcobacter butzleri. A total of 104 A. butzleri strains isolated from different sources in an artisanal dairy plant in Italy were identified and typed using MALDI-TOF and compared with their multilocus sequence typing (MLST) and pulsed field gel electrophoresis (PFGE) profiles found in previous studies. MALDI-TOF co ...