Jump to Main Content
- Espina, Laura; Monfort, Silvia; Álvarez, Ignacio; García-Gonzalo, Diego; Pagán, Rafael
- International journal of food microbiology 2014 v.189 pp. 119-125
- Listeria monocytogenes; Salmonella Senftenberg; bacteria; carvacrol; citral; eggs; essential oils; food industry; heat; lemons; mandarins; pulsed electric fields; sponge cakes; synergism; temperature
- ... The production of microbiologically safe liquid whole egg (LWE) by industrial ultrapasteurization is restricted by the high thermal sensitivity of LWE components. This research proposes an alternative treatment based on the application of pulsed electric fields (PEF) and mild heat, in the presence of natural essential oils (EOs) or their individual components (ICs). The obtained results indicate t ...
- Chitarra, Walter; Decastelli, Lucia; Garibaldi, Angelo; Gullino, Maria Lodovica
- International journal of food microbiology 2014 v.189 pp. 139-145
- Escherichia coli O157; Listeria monocytogenes; Valerianella locusta; active ingredients; anti-infective agents; autoclaving; bacteria; basil; food safety; foodborne illness; harvest date; humans; intestinal microorganisms; irrigated soils; irrigation water; leaves; lettuce; markets; pathogens; raw vegetables; risk; root exudates; roots; salads; temperature; water pollution
- ... Outbreaks of foodborne illness, resulting from the consumption of fresh produce contaminated with human pathogens, are increasing. Potential uptake and persistence of human pathogens within edible parts of consumed fresh vegetables become an important issue in food safety. This study was conducted to assess the potential uptake and internalization of Escherichia coli O157:H7 and Listeria monocytog ...