Jump to Main Content
- Rückerl, I.; Muhterem-Uyar, M.; Muri-Klinger, S.; Wagner, K.-H.; Wagner, M.; Stessl, B.
- International journal of food microbiology 2014 v.189 pp. 98-105
- Listeria monocytogenes; cheesemaking; cleaners; cleaning; cooling; disinfectants; drying; environmental monitoring; floors; fresh cheeses; genotype; humidity; manufacturing; multilocus sequence typing; pollution; pulsed-field gel electrophoresis; raw materials; ready-to-eat foods; steam; temperature
- ... The aim of this study was to analyze the changing patterns of Listeria monocytogenes contamination in a cheese processing facility manufacturing a wide range of ready-to-eat products. Characterization of L. monocytogenes isolates included genotyping by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis (PFGE) and multi-locus sequence typing (MLST). Disinfectant-susceptibility tests and the assessment of L. monocyto ...
- Ortiz, Sagrario; López, Victoria; Martínez-Suárez, Joaquín V.
- International journal of food microbiology 2014 v.189 pp. 106-112
- Listeria monocytogenes; benzalkonium chloride; biofilm; disinfectants; food pathogens; food processing plants; gentian violet; mutants; plankton; pork; serotypes; staining
- ... Disinfectants, such as benzalkonium chloride (BAC), are commonly used to control Listeria monocytogenes and other pathogens in food processing plants. Prior studies have demonstrated that the resistance to BAC of L. monocytogenes was associated with the prolonged survival of three strains of molecular serotype 1/2a in an Iberian pork processing plant. Because survival in such environments is relat ...