Jump to Main Content
- Hoelzer, Karin; Pouillot, Régis; Gallagher, Daniel; Silverman, Meryl B.; Kause, Janell; Dennis, Sherri
- International journal of food microbiology 2012 v.157 no.2 pp. 267-277
- Listeria monocytogenes; cleaning; confidence interval; cross contamination; food contamination; food handling; food service; food surfaces; foods; mathematical models; pollution; probability distribution; proteins; quaternary ammonium compounds; sanitation; sanitizing; slicing
- ... Listeria monocytogenes is readily found in the environment of retail deli establishments and can occasionally contaminate food handled in these establishments. Here we synthesize the available scientific evidence to derive probability distributions and mathematical models of bacterial transfers between environmental surfaces and foods, including those during slicing of food, and of bacterial remov ...
- Zhang, Xiaofeng; Wu, Shan; Li, Ke; Shuai, Jiangbing; Dong, Qiang; Fang, Weihuan
- International journal of food microbiology 2012 v.157 no.2 pp. 309-313
- Listeria ivanovii; Listeria monocytogenes; agar; fluorescence in situ hybridization; foods; hybridization; nucleic acids
- ... A fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH) method in conjunction with fluorescin-labeled peptide nucleic acid (PNA) probes (PNA–FISH) for detection of Listeria species was developed. In silico analysis showed that three PNA probes Lis-16S-1, Lm-16S-2 and Liv-16S-5 were suitable for specific identification of Listeria genus, Listeria monocytogenes and Listeria ivanovii, respectively. These probes w ...